Check the status of your BMW, use one of the many remote control features, plan trips in advance, book your next service appointment, or discover the world of BMW – all from the convenience of your smartphone.
THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MY BMW APP AT A GLANCE.
- Immediate access to vehicle status and functions
- Smart e-mobility services
- Extensive navigation and map features for planning trips
- Stories and news from the world of BMW
- Direct access to your BMW Service
- Regular updates and upgrades for all features
- Use of the app in demo mode even without your own vehicle
The My BMW App is the universal interface to your BMW and to all other products and services from BMW. The My BMW App keeps you up to date on the status of your vehicle at all times. Depending on the equipment installed, it also makes remote access functions possible, such as locating the vehicle, locking and unlocking the doors or recording the vehicle’s surroundings (Remote 3D View). Using the My BMW App, you can send destination addresses from your smartphone to the navigation system of your vehicle and integrate Amazon Alexa* services. The app also offers a whole range of useful functions for electrified vehicles – for example, you always have electric range in view.
* Amazon, Alexa and all related brand names are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
- The My BMW App is optimized for vehicles built from 2016 onwards.
- The availability of individual app functions depends on your vehicle equipment and your BMW
- ConnectedDrive contract.
- The availability of app functions may vary between countries.
The My BMW App is available for both iOS and Android operating systems and can be downloaded free of charge via the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
The BMW Connected App was completely removed from the My BMW App as from 1 July 2021. You can now download the new My BMW App so that you can continue to use our digital services in the future and benefit from the functions of the next generations. You can log in with your usual BMW ID (e-mail address/password).
Yes, it does. If no WiFi is available, the My BMW App uses the data volume from your mobile phone contract. For example, it uses this volume to search for destinations via the integrated map and to transfer them to your vehicle.
In demo mode, the My BMW app can also be used without owning a vehicle. Select an attractive BMW demo vehicle in the App Garage and discover the variety of App functions, e.g. in the area of electric mobility.